Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Spain Trip Journal Entrant 4



                 It’s the last week, and I’m wrapping most things up. Beyond seeing several patients wrapping up their final days of therapy, last week consisted of choosing who among the many interesting patients to do a case study and presentation on. Ultimately, I chose a woman suffering from Prolonged Mourning. For the sake of confidentiality (and not spoiling too much of my presentation), that’s all I’ll write on this topic. I want to briefly thank one of the people directing my internship, Ventura, for taking 2 hours out of his schedule to cover this case in further detail with me.
                It might sound dull compared to the Toledo trip I wrote about last week, but the cultural side of this trip consisted of me going to Lago, an area in southwestern Madrid, and I couldn’t have been happier. A lot of the more natural scenery was divided off by a gate when I first entered Lago from the Metro, but once I worked my way past it, there was a large amount of beautiful forestry and plant-life to see.
                I think this trip has been a valuable experience going further into psychology. It may not have given me the chance to explore every aspect of Biological Psychology that I wanted to, but you can only learn so much in a 6-week period. Besides, I’m quite sure what I’ve gained here will help prepare me for more Psychology, Graduate School, or if I’m lucky, a job. To any students or professors who may for some reason read this: I’ll see all of you around campus. To my internship directors, or any of the incredibly nice people who will remain in Spain: Hasta Luego, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment